Christian Indie Authors Reader group

JoinUsatCIA-Readers200w

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

ACX (Audio Creation Exchange:

I have heard much good about having audio books. Some of my author friends had success with them. But I am odd duck. I always have been. Of course I don't know if they had done it the way I have done it. What way am I talking about? Royalty Share.

ACX gives you the option to  choose producers who accepts RS or get paid by the hour. I don;t know any authors who has chosen the first option and succeed. I can tell you it hasn't with me. ACX gave me a list of auditions to listen to from producers who has put down  royalty share. I did not rite to a producer who wants $100 an hour and beg them to change their mind. I wrote to people who listed they do!
And one by one the rejections come in. Their nos are like the interviewer saying, "Don't call us, we'll call you are." They generally have no heart.

I posted  on my wall my disappointment. I wanted understanding, not advice. I just wanted people to see how brokenhearted it made me. Please don;t tell me to save up! I don't need it! Perhaps if more authors would be interested in buying my premades, I could afford paying $200. I really don't find it in my heart to pay greedy people money. If they don;t want to be blessed, fine.

I believe that ACX should  remove that option if there aren't any producers willing to make an investment in narrating your book. A friend said they all for gain and it;s best to save up. Well, not me. I'm the odd duck. Go will open the door. Not my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment