Christian Indie Authors Reader group

JoinUsatCIA-Readers200w

Monday, January 13, 2014

Operation Dark Angel--Book Review

I just finished reading Operation Dark Angel by Pamela Michelle Funke. It is the first in her Apocalypse series and she is working on her third one now. The second is World at War. If you are going to read the latter, I suggest you start with Operation Dark Angel---That is, if you like reading about about bad things happening to the world and people. If you are like me, you might end up slightly disappointed, but this is no happily ever story. Even in real life, after the rapture, the world will get worst and experiences tribulations of its own! The Anti-Christ will come and there will only be one world religion. Most people believe that religion will be Islam.  Pam's book is about the rise of an Anti-Christ way before he became a man or world leader-- It began in a young woman much the same way Mary conceived Jesus except that instead of the Holy Spirit impregnating the woman, It was an unknown but evil being which is known as "the voice." I would conclude that it is the voice of the Evil One, Satan himself. And unlike Mary, the young man was killed sometime after she gave birth.

I had some questions has a read this book. My understanding of when all these events will happen or when the Anti-Christ comes to power is after the church is taken out of the way. In other words, when the church is raptured. So my question is: these people like Hallee, Katy, Bryon and Dr. Ezekiel, were they true Christians and if so why were they still there? The writer doesn't say that there are still Christians in the world are not, but later China blames the Christians for the missiles attack so that would mean  they must have been there. The story in that case doesn't seem realistic enough to me.  I understand the whole book is not  about the trials and tribulations of post rapture, but about the evil schemes of Nicolaitanes who wishes to destroy most of the world just so he can rule the world.

If you are into this kind of writing, then I would encourage you to read it inspite of my questions. See for yourself. One person's opinion may differ from another one. I am just sadden by so much wickedness. There are no happy endings in this book.

Over all I give a four star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment